Thursday, September 26, 2019

Your word is a lamp to guide me and a light for my path.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 119:105
TODAY'S READING:
Love for the Law of the Lord
97How I love your law!
I think about it all day long.
98Your commandment is with me all the time
and makes me wiser than my enemies.
99I understand more than all my teachers,
because I meditate on your instructions.
100I have greater wisdom than those who are old,
because I obey your commands.
101I have avoided all evil conduct,
because I want to obey your word.
102I have not neglected your instructions,
because you yourself are my teacher.
103How sweet is the taste of your instructions—
sweeter even than honey!
104I gain wisdom from your laws,
and so I hate all bad conduct.
Light from the Law of the Lord
105Your word is a lamp to guide me
and a light for my path.
106I will keep my solemn promise
to obey your just instructions.
107My sufferings, Lord, are terrible indeed;
keep me alive, as you have promised.
108Accept my prayer of thanks, O Lord,
and teach me your commands.
109I am always ready to risk my life;
I have not forgotten your law.
110The wicked lay a trap for me,
but I have not disobeyed your commands.
111Your commandments are my eternal possession;
they are the joy of my heart.
112I have decided to obey your laws
until the day I die.
REFLECT:
Jewish Scriptures (known to Christians as the Old Testament) reveal two important understandings of wisdom. First, true wisdom comes from God. Second, God’s wisdom is based on the Law that God gave to Moses and the people at Mount Sinai. The psalm writer says that he gains wisdom from God’s laws (verse 104). In what ways can God’s laws (instructions) provide you with wisdom?
#PRAY
Almighty God, let my wisdom and understanding grow through studying and experiencing your Word. May I be a careful, patient student of your teachings, that I may serve you with an obedient heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment