Saturday, September 28, 2019

You are righteous, LORD, and your laws are just.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 119:137
TODAY'S READING:
129Your teachings are wonderful;
I obey them with all my heart.
130The explanation of your teachings gives light
and brings wisdom to the ignorant.
131In my desire for your commands
I pant with open mouth.
132Turn to me and have mercy on me
as you do on all those who love you.
133As you have promised, keep me from falling;
don't let me be overcome by evil.
134Save me from those who oppress me,
so that I may obey your commands.
135Bless me with your presence
and teach me your laws.
136My tears pour down like a river,
because people do not obey your law.
The Justice of the Law of the Lord
137You are righteous, Lord,
and your laws are just.
138The rules that you have given
are completely fair and right.
139My anger burns in me like a fire,
because my enemies disregard your commands.
140How certain your promise is!
How I love it!
141I am unimportant and despised,
but I do not neglect your teachings.
142Your righteousness will last forever,
and your law is always true.
143I am filled with trouble and anxiety,
but your commandments bring me joy.
144Your instructions are always just;
give me understanding, and I shall live.
REFLECT:
In verse 134, the psalmist asks God to protect him from oppression. In this case, such oppression results from injustice borne out of failure to do God’s will. How can experiencing injustice firsthand or witnessing it in the world impact your faith?
#PRAY:
Righteous God, I honestly want to know everything you teach. I trust in your goodness and mercy. Keep me close to you and don’t let me stumble, so I can obey your laws. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment