Sunday, September 29, 2019

You are near to me, LORD, and all your commands are permanent.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 119:151
TODAY'S READING:
A Prayer for Deliverance
145With all my heart I call to you;
answer me, Lord, and I will obey your commands!
146I call to you;
save me, and I will keep your laws.
147Before sunrise I call to you for help;
I place my hope in your promise.
148All night long I lie awake,
to meditate on your instructions.
149Because your love is constant, hear me, O Lord;
show your mercy, and preserve my life!
150My cruel persecutors are coming closer,
people who never keep your law.
151But you are near to me, Lord,
and all your commands are permanent.
152Long ago I learned about your instructions;
you made them to last forever.
A Plea for Help
153Look at my suffering, and save me,
because I have not neglected your law.
154Defend my cause, and set me free;
save me, as you have promised.
155The wicked will not be saved,
for they do not obey your laws.
156But your compassion, Lord, is great;
show your mercy and save me!
157I have many enemies and oppressors,
but I do not fail to obey your laws.
158When I look at those traitors, I am filled with disgust,
because they do not keep your commands.
159See how I love your instructions, Lord.
Your love never changes, so save me!
160The heart of your law is truth,
and all your righteous judgments are eternal.
REFLECT:
What is the source of the psalmist’s distress? What does the psalmist ask of God? How does the psalmist express hope and trust in God? What do you need to ask of God today?
#PRAY
Compassionate God, hear my prayer. I place my hope in your promises and I know you are near to me. Help me today as I seek to be obedient to your commands. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment