Monday, September 23, 2019

You are all I want, O LORD; I promise to obey your laws.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 119:57
TODAY'S READING:
Confidence in the Law of the Lord
49Remember your promise to me, your servant;
it has given me hope.
50Even in my suffering I was comforted
because your promise gave me life.
51The proud are always scornful of me,
but I have not departed from your law.
52I remember your judgments of long ago,
and they bring me comfort, O Lord.
53When I see the wicked breaking your law,
I am filled with anger.
54During my brief earthly life
I compose songs about your commands.
55In the night I remember you, Lord,
and I think about your law.
56I find my happiness
in obeying your commands.
Devotion to the Law of the Lord
57You are all I want, O Lord;
I promise to obey your laws.
58I ask you with all my heart
to have mercy on me, as you have promised!
59I have considered my conduct,
and I promise to follow your instructions.
60Without delay I hurry
to obey your commands.
61The wicked have laid a trap for me,
but I do not forget your law.
62In the middle of the night I wake up
to praise you for your righteous judgments.
63I am a friend of all who serve you,
of all who obey your laws.
64Lord, the earth is full of your constant love;
teach me your commandments.
REFLECT
What brings the psalmist hope and comfort? How does the psalmist respond to those who reject God’s Law? How does the psalmist express devotion to the Law of the LORD? In what ways do you demonstrate your devotion to God’s laws?
#PRAY
Lord, the earth is full of your constant love. You, Lord, are my choice, and I will obey you. Thank you for the ways in which you have blessed me. Your promises are my source of hope and comfort. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment