Friday, September 27, 2019

You are my defender and protector; I put my hope in your promise.

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE: PSALM 119:114
TODAY'S READING:
Safety in the Law of the Lord
113I hate those who are not completely loyal to you,
but I love your law.
114You are my defender and protector;
I put my hope in your promise.
115Go away from me, you sinful people.
I will obey the commands of my God.
116Give me strength, as you promised, and I shall live;
don't let me be disappointed in my hope!
117Hold me, and I will be safe,
and I will always pay attention to your commands.
118You reject everyone who disobeys your laws;
their deceitful schemes are useless.
119You treat all the wicked like rubbish,
and so I love your instructions.
120Because of you I am afraid;
I am filled with fear because of your judgments.
Obedience to the Law of the Lord
121I have done what is right and good;
don't abandon me to my enemies!
122Promise that you will help your servant;
don't let the arrogant oppress me!
123My eyes are tired from watching for your saving help,
for the deliverance you promised.
124Treat me according to your constant love,
and teach me your commands.
125I am your servant; give me understanding,
so that I may know your teachings.
126Lord, it is time for you to act,
because people are disobeying your law.
127I love your commands more than gold,
more than the finest gold.
128And so I follow all your instructions;
I hate all wrong ways.
REFLECT:
What verses speak of the psalmist’s trust and hope in God? What verses speak of the psalmist’s frustration? Are there verses in today’s reading that resonate with you?
#PRAY
Lord God, as I seek to be obedient to your will, give me patience and understanding. Teach me to wait upon you, trusting in your judgments and mercy. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment