Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Alejandra Guzman marks 20 years in music

Alejandra Guzman, the queen of Mexican rock, has released a live album summarising her first two decades in music.
'During all this time I've accumulated the energy of the people,' said La Guzman in an interview with EFE.
'What they give me back every night, the magic of a hit, when they see that I'm singing each one a song, it touches their heart and they feel it inside. Yes, I've had hard times too, but I'm still here loving what I do. Basically I'm still the same as when I began,' she said.
At 43, the controversial artist is still a whirlwind. An extrovert chatterbox, the two-time Grammy winner now bases her concerts on updated versions of her best-known numbers backed by the rock group Moderatto.
The album documents a March 17 concert and its release will set the theme for an international tour beginning Aug 20 in Mexico and will come to the US in November.
The daughter of singer Enrique Guzman and actress Silvia Pinal, she has sold more than 10 million discs, though she has also been through some tragic moments, such as the 2003 miscarriage that dragged her down a 'dark period' of addictions.
If there is one thing that makes Guzman feel proud, it's having given some meaning to the 'craziness and rebellion' that has always infused her life.
'For me the key is to give my all onstage,' she said. 'I sweat my butt off and give myself heart and soul. Onstage I have found many reasons to be alive. There I find some sense in my craziness and discover why I am the way I am. It's all fun to me and I feel like a fish in water,' she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment