Sunday, September 19, 2010

a senior and his corvette

A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible
> > out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he floored it to 80
> > mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.
> > "Amazing!"
> > he thought
> > as he flew down I-75, pushing the pedal to the metal even more.
> >
> > Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw the highway patrol behind
> him,
> > blue lights flashing and siren blaring. "I can get away from him -
> no
> > problem!"
> > thought the elderly speedster as he floored it to 100 mph, then 110,
> > then 120 mph. Suddenly, he thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm
> > too old for this nonsense!", pulled over to the side of the road and
> > waited for the Trooper to catch up with him.
> >
> > Pulling in behind him, the Trooper walked up to the driver's side
> of
> > the Corvette, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in
> 30
> > minutes.
> > Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding
> > that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."
> >
> > The man, looking very seriously at the Trooper, said, "Years ago,
> my
> > wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were
> > bringing her back."
> >
> > "Have a good day, Sir," said the Trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment